GAME ON! We proudly launch Episode 1 of THE CHAMPION podcast, a full two weeks before the hardcover ships on September 30. We also have a cover reveal event coming up on Goodreads, so stay tuned for that. GoooOOOOOO KRAKENS!
This is Book V of the Galactic Football League series. If you haven’t read or listened to the first four, track down THE ROOKIE and dig in () and dig in
If you dig audiobooks, check out our Audible Free Trial page. Get any audiobook for free as part of a no-risk, 30-day trial.
Me, right now:
10 facts about you. I was tagged by kaemkae and koriitime, so here we go.
1. Your nickname: In reality, I don’t really have one. Many people have tried and none of them have really stuck. My tumblr identity and secondary identity online is from the Infamous review on Zero Punctuation. I liked the joke and I needed a secondary email one day and it stuck. And because my life feels like it makes a left turn at 4th and bananas quite frequently.
2. Your eye color: Blue-greeny-grey thing. I don’t really know. It’s a running joke at my eye doctor’s office that they don’t really know either. It may as well be listed as “a color.”
3. Your hair color: Brown. Nothing exciting there.
4. One fact about you: I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Cannot stand them. Have never been able to stand them. Have been accused of being a communist because of this fact.
5. Favorite color. Black.
6. Favorite place: Behind the wheel. I am a car lover at heart and to me there isn’t a better place in the world than behind the wheel of Sophie on a fun road with the windows down and the stereo up. That’s heaven for me.
7. Favorite celebrity: Vin Diesel. Mostly because he’s an adorable human being. And probably because he’s the only celebrity that I’ve liked with any consistency for any length of time.
8. Favorite animal: Spiders. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a love for the eight legged critters to the point that I own a giant one.
Also dragons. Because dragons.
9. Favorite song: You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi. This was one of the first songs - along with the whole A-Side of Slippery When Wet - that I fell in love with when I was a kid. And it remains one of my favorites now not only because of the nostalgia, but because it is an epic song to sing along to and it never fails to make me happy when it comes on.
10. Favorite book: I’m going to cheat and say the entire GFL Series by Scott Sigler. Sigler has created such a dynamic universe centered around Quentin Barnes that it is hard not to fall in love with someone in those books. And he writes them all so well that you get invested in their lives and their well being. The first book brought me to tears at the end and the series has made me rage and ache and squeal with delight and feel more than anything else has in a long time. If you like aliens, mobsters, or football and are looking for a good coming of age story, you can’t go wrong with the merry misadventures of Quentin Barnes and company.